Friday, April 1, 2016

Bones

It's International Fake Journal Month.  I'm leaping in with more enthusiasm than plans.  I've just returned home from an inspiring winter in Mexico. Although I'm happy to be back in my beautiful home and working in my studio, I'm feeling a desperate need to simplify my life.  After living months without my belongings, I'm reassessing the importance of all the physical STUFF I hold onto in my life.

This is an attempt to psychologically prepare for the day when I have to say goodbye to my excess of possessions when, God forbid, I decide to retire and move to a smaller abode. SO.... For the next month, I will be Rosa Milne.  She is a 72 year old retired theatre wardrobe mistress who has recently sold her house and is moving into a condo.  She is going through her possessions and learning to let go.


April 1, 2016
For 50 years, my coffee table has been home to this walrus skull.  How can I possibly let go of these old bones?  I'll be moving boxes and rocks and skulls.  The task of letting go is overwhelming.  How will I possible be ready by May?  Tomorrow, I call the school to see if Isabel Menzies can use them for their art clases.  Perhaps the science class.  No bones about it.  I can do this.  My old bones bid adieu to these old bones.


It's not too late to join us!  Here's more info.  Check out the International Fake Journal Blog

Oh, and if you are interested in who I really am.... here's my website and blog.

3 comments:

  1. Love your idea and I think it will strike a chord with many of us!I downsized about 8 years ago when I moved into a much smaller house and have been "downsizing" again as it has refilled in the interim! My aim too is a much simpler life.Will enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! I love the title pages with the house in the palm of your hand and the skull sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fake journal was so great! Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete