Saturday, April 1, 2017

April 1

IFJM 2017

It's International Fake Journal Month.  Pretend you're someone you're not.  Journal as that person for a month.  It's the brainchild of one of my favourite sketchbook artists, Roz Stendahl.  To find out about IFJM go here.  This year's theme is "Details Matter".

I'm going to try another kick at the can.  Last year's journal fell short 9 days early as real life got in the way of my fake life.  I still have plans to go back and complete it. This year, I aim to be less ambitious.  Less narrative, using media I've never really explored - gouache and brush pen.  I'll try and take minimal time and see what evolves. Come into the woods with me.



April 1, 2017
There's something in my woods.  I heard it tonight around dusk.  A rustling, then quick footsteps. Probably a skunk, or maybe a coyote.  I'll check it out tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Heidi, your inkwork gives such drama to the trees. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. The boldness of the line is so foreign to me, but the touché will help tone down some of the edges.

      Delete