Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mad

April 11, 2020

It hit me. I guess I've kind of been in shock.  About ten times today I wanted to scream. I hadn't felt vibratey like that for about a year. I almost called Dr. E, but then I could imagine her saying, "Nori, how great to hear from you. How can I help you?"  And then I'd be back at square one.  Back in her office.  Back feeling like an angry loser with acne and an attitude.  I don't need to talk about my feelings. I don't need to embrace my discomfort with the unknown. I'm just lonely. There, I said it.  

I ended up going for a walk down the road. Then I came back and found a picture on Instagram that spoke to me.  I knew how this guy felt.  I sat quietly for a couple hours drawing him.  I couldn't think of what to put on the page behind him. So, I imported him to Procreate and played with colour.  

While I was drawing on the iPad, I realized I was having a good time.  I wasn't vibrating anymore.  I wasn't even in a bad mood.  And, I wasn't lonely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment