Saturday, April 2, 2016

Stones and Cones

April 2, 2016

Soapstone Inuit carvings circa 1880 from Uncle Elliot.  100 year old pine cones from the giant redwoods in CA.  Tiny pine cones from the cottage.  These have sat on my dresser for eons.  I loved how they perched on their sticks.  A tiny environment.

Although it kills me,  I think a bonfire for the pinecones.  Think of the crackle pop those big one will make!  Perhaps kindling for the blaze that will be my old journals.  Years of tears and fears - a million words and a lifetime of longing, slowly has been replaced by an open grateful heart.




Aside:  I am being led by the process and I find it refreshing, inspiring and confidence-building.  On top of honouring the "things" in my house that I cling to, I'm spending time assessing what's really important to me.  I think I'll be surprised with the results by the end of the month. I may actual start boxing up stuff for real.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is inspiring me. I have begun to sort through one drawer/shelf every day. It's a Passover tradition to clean out one's kitchen cupboards before the holiday, and oops, I can't remember the last time I cleaned my kitchen cupboards.

    ReplyDelete