Sunday, April 19, 2020

Covid Concert

April 18.


I felt kind of empty all day.  It was grey and cold and I started feeling anxious about what's going to happen to me when this Covid thing is done.  If I never had to do anything, that would be fine.  

I lay on the couch like a lump and started watching the Lady Gaga Together At Home special.  Most of the artists were old has-beens.  I thought of how Grandma Kay would have loved it.  Except for Celine Dion.  She couldn't stand her.  She used to do an awesome parody of her performing.  It would crack me up.

I grabbed my sketchbook and started drawing.  Blind contour, semi-blind, fast fast fast.  At one point, I realized I was drawing in time of the music... like I was conducting with the flow of my pen.  Maybe the pen was doing interpretive dance.  Whatever it was, I enjoyed myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment