Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Orchid

Dear Becca,

It's Easter Sunday and I  know you're at church.  I wanted to give you this orchid as a peace offering. I saw it the other day and it reminded me of you because the blossoms look like little pink ballerinas. I'm so sorry I hurt you. I was so angry at all the shit I was going through when Grandma Kay died and I should never have said those mean things to you. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't forgive me, but I'm hoping you'll remember all the fun times we had, all those Skor Blizzards we've shared and all those crazy selfies we took every year at the Ex.  You've probably deleted me out of your contacts. But, please give me another chance.  I'm so sorry. Your BFF.

I left the note and the orchid on her front step.  Later this afternoon, she texted me this picture of her with the orchid.  She didn't say anything, but I think she's going to forgive me.  I'm so glad.  How could I have said those things to her? Never has she teased me about my skin or said anything to make me feel stupid or to hurt me.  She's the best friend I've ever had. I'm going to text her back.


No comments:

Post a Comment