Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Session April 16 - Pieces of Me

Dr. Ethans was back.  I was so relieved she wasn't dead.  She said there was a death in her family but didn't say who and I didn't ask.  Then later, I wondered if it was her husband. I decided it couldn't be because she would take more than just one day off.  I figured a husband would be worth a week. She looked tired, but still smiled when she looked at the drawings I did on the weekend.  
I told her that I felt a bit crazy with all these different feelings rumbling around inside. She had asked me to draw myself feeling different emotions.  I really was only good at drawing mad and sad, but then she gave me a pair of scissors and a glue stick and said to cut it up and glue a "self" out of the pieces. I got the metaphor. I think she was trying to get me to feel like I wasn't broken - that I could piece myself back together. It kind of surprised me what I came up with.  I looked a little like Frida Kahlo which I guess isn't too bad.  



No comments:

Post a Comment