Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Session - Flowers make me happy

Today, I spent my whole session talking.  We didn't really do any art except look at my journal play with some plasticine stuff.  Somehow we got hung up on Becca and how I would like to apologize to her.  We started a plan.  She won't have anything to do with me and I avoid her at school.  Dr. E suggested I write a letter to her.  One that I could decide whether or not to send.  I liked that idea because it took pressure off having to face her in person.  She gave me some plasticine and asked me to make two figures - me and Becca.  While I was making them, I got an idea.  I would send her a present with a letter.

On the way home from school, I stopped at Shelmerdine's greenhouse.  I sat and had a coke and drew a hanging basket and pretty yellow orchid.  As I was drawing the orchid, I noticed there were little pink ballet dancer shapes in each blossom.  It was the perfect gift for Becca since her whole world is ballet.  But it was $30.  Maybe Inga or Jocelyn could lend me the cash.  They know I'll be looking for a summer job next month and I'm good for it.

First I did the drawing in the restaurant, then took it home and when over it with a Pentel brush pen and gouache.

While I was sitting in the restaurant, I overheard an old lady say to her friend, "Being around flowers just makes me happy".  I kinda agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment